Thursday, February 5, 2009

Illuminating skin...

To encourage a friend to draw daily and utilize her blog more, I made a deal that for every post she made, I would make one too. Well, the last few days have gone bonkers-like, so I am going to count this one post as being for the two she has made thus far!

The art group I am a member of, Private Exchange, has one exercise in which people can follow prompts for speed paintings/sketches. In need of a warm-up before commission work, I looked to see what the latest prompt was the other day: cloudscape.

Though there's not much in the way of clouds here, I like the result anyway.

Approximately 20 minutes in Photoshop.



Here is a WIP from a large charcoal piece I did on Monday. I'm afraid I don't have a photo of the finished product at the moment, but I thought I'd show this anyway. This piece has special personal significance to me.

Strathmore 300 series bristol board, soft vine charcoal, and General's charcoal 2B, 4B, 6B. Also, a tiny touch of acrylic and india ink for the ember and its reflection in her eye.

The entire thing is about 17.1"x28". I'll have to remember to post the finished product and its story later.