Saturday, May 17, 2008

A little bit of photo-stop-animation music video thingamajig, anyone?

Hey, who remembers the "cocaine" project? Nobody? Right. Well! Errr...here it is. Partly. Sort of. So here's a...sort of like a music video, I guess. At some point, I want to finish the rest of the song out properly, since Sia is a wonderful brand of ridiculous and may pimp it in some way, which would be great for my resume. >_> (Edit note 6/1/08: I totally just left a message for her with a link to my blog so she could see the vid if she wanted to and oh crap, that sounded so embarrassing now so I put a strike through it because altogether removing it would make me a coward!)




-- Thanks to Zodi for finding the MonkeyJam program when I panicked about how to pull it all together properly.
-- Uber thanks to Peta and Vicki for staying up late to help me try to finish this at one point. Though I didn't use your words in the end (since I had time to shoot them myself after that), you girls kept me from panicking and giving up. <333
-- Thanks to my baby sister and to the semi-adopted sister Kim for help with writing a few words.
-- Thanks to all y'all who've been listening to me go slightly insane doing this for the last week or two

Materials:
Baking soda, table salt for the fake "cocaine" mixture.
Two nylon paintbrushes and two straight razor blades to move the powder mixture around.
Black boards stolen from a couple of my art storage pockets.
My dear and lovely Casio Exilim digital camera.
PLiska Image Resizer to resize all my photographs to a more manageable size in one big batch.
"The Girl You Lost to Cocaine" by Sia (note: no permission gained)
Audacity to edit the song to a shorter length and to measure the length of each word.
MonkeyJam to piece together some 600 frames in match with the audio track.

(Note: the three above-mentioned programs are all freeware. Try 'em!)