Thursday, December 25, 2008

Make a mess, you'll feel better.

I am spending my holidays in San Francisco with my best friend. She's taking a nap right now, so I am boiling grenades (cans of eagle brand to turn them into caramel for pie) and making a quick post. Here's a couple messy pages from one of my sketchbooks this past semester.



Sharpie and watercolor drawing over a distressed gel medium transfer of a map torn out of a RTD light rail pamphlet. Ultra simple, but I like it!

















White acrylic paint and black sharpie over watercolor over distressed gel medium transfer of a photograph I took of a couple of hooligans (and other random passengers who happened to be present) on the light rail shortly before calling security on them for hawking stolen electronics. Loooong story. I had fun though!

1 comment:

The Commission Queen said...

I love the colours of the first one.
It always amuses me how different your doodle/sketches are from your finished arts!